IRVINE, CA (August 20, 2015): Obsidian Entertainment, developer of Fallout: New Vegas, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and the Kickstarter phenomenon Pillars of Eternity, announces today the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game,now developed for Apple iOS and Android Tablets, will make its PAX Prime debut in Seattle, August 28 – August 31, 2015. Obsidian team members, producer Nathan Davis and creative director Andre Nguyen, will be on-hand to give attendees the opportunity to play a sneak preview of the game, located in the Pathfinder Society suites #201-203.
Obsidian’s Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is the digital adaptation of the wildly popular Pathfinder Adventure Card Game by Paizo Inc., a cooperative game for 1 – 4 players. Obsidian’s PACG will enhance the player experience by allowing for immediate gameplay, multiple games running simultaneously, and additional downloadable adventures. Each player will have a unique character composed of a customizable deck of cards and stats, and character classes such as fighter, rogue, wizard, and cleric.
Features exclusive to the digital version of the first release include:
- Reactive cut-scenes featuring Pathfinder’s iconic characters
- The ability to explore the towns, cities, dungeons, and landscapes of the Rise of the Runelords campaign, including the fiercely independent Sandpoint, and the goblin-infested isle of Thistletop
- Beautifully enhanced and animated backdrops of every locale
- Multiple adventure profiles to enable players to experience the campaign using every character
- Tutorial that distills the rulebook into a mini-adventure
- Single-player and pass-and-play multiplayer gameplay mode
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is scheduled for a Fall 2015 release.
In the world of Pathfinder, players take on the role of brave adventurers fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil. The Pathfinder RPG is currently translated into multiple languages, with hundreds of thousands of players worldwide. The Pathfinder brand has also been licensed for comic book series, graphic novels, miniatures, plush toys, and apparel. .
About Obsidian Entertainment
Founded in 2003, Obsidian Entertainment is an entertainment software development company based in Irvine, California, passionately dedicated to the creation of high quality role playing games for all personal computer and console platforms. Obsidian is best known for the products Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout: New Vegas, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and the record breaking crowdfunding through Kickstarter for Pillars of Eternity.